My Verizon Brand Refresh
In 2017. Verizon updated the look and the feel of their branding. Our task was to create a modular system inspired by Brad Frost's book Atomic Design to simplify the conversion of 5000 existing My Verizon App screens from the old branding to the new.
The internal teams at Verizon, including design, UX and IT, continue to use this system to create new screens in a unified and streamlined way of working.
UX Mor Weizman | Design 1 Jennifer Son | Design 2 Eric Ku | Design 3 Riley Werner
Project Manager Amir Aziz | Design Director Craig Wong | UX Director Brad Donnelley
– System design research
– IT + stakeholder collaboration
– Audit all existing screens
– Create a Sketch file with elements, modules and template variations
Explanation of Brad Frost's atomic design process
Mapping exercises to convert old designs to new designs
- Streamlined ways of working for developers and designers
- Consistency across designs
- Provide a shared vocabulary that each member of the team can use to refer to the designs and the process
- Create a system to create speedier designs for the future, and make sure any future redesigns will be controlled and simple to implement